The ROK Chronicles: Part I

It all started with a discussion between Charlet and I. When I got wind that her and Chad were thinking about going over to South Korea to teach, I had to get in on it.

I have known all my life that I want to travel. There is only one thing firm in my mind, and it's not a job. I just can't picture myself working a job. When people think of their futures, they see themselves in jobs, among other things. When I think of my future, all I see is myself travelling. I know, that not being a trust-fund baby, I need to work to survive. I expect it. And I want to work. I just don't have it in my mind.

So, when I heard what Charlet was doing, I thought, "this would be the perfect thing for me". I know that I'll have to work. I'll even have to work hard, and it still makes me excited. It makes me excited because while I'll be working, I'll be immersed in a culture that is nothing really like mine. I'll be away from Oklahoma, which is a huge goal of mine.

1 Raindrops:

Anonymous said...

I am a keyword!! WooT