....

pros and cons of staying another year:

pros...
1. more money saved (bills, a car for when i get back)
2. i wouldn't be in oklahoma
3. i would get to stay with the kids i love
4. i would have a job, which is something i can't guarantee when i get back
5. i like how i can go to stores which would take me over an hour to get to back home and here, they aren't that far away

cons...
1. i'm homesick, even though i hate oklahoma
2. shopping for my size is easier at home
3. i would have to be around the kids i have trouble with
4. i miss my puppy
5. i dislike not being able to get in my car and just start driving
6.i hate not understanding stuff that is being said around me (i know, i could learn korean, but that could take YEARS)
7. i hate the city. i miss how nature, even a backyard, was never far away in oklahoma
8. i'm lonely. like "i can feel it in my bones" kind of lonely


so? any suggestions? i know what i'll probably do, but any input would be appreciated.

2 Raindrops:

Anonymous said...

stay another year. save some money. money may not bring happiness, but it will generally allow for more options when you go back to ok.

continue to enjoy the experience. it will go by quickly.

if u really get homesick, take a trip back to ok during ur next big break.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

Don't sweat it too much kiddo. Winter's a rough time for everybody and even the ones I know who've been here for a few years get restless this time of year. I too miss being able to just get in the car and drive, the magic sunsets and have been waiting for years until I was in a good position to get my own pup. Just remember that any job you manage to get is going to have it's own unique problems. Obviously the decision to stay another year is a tough one and different people have their different reasons for sticking around or leaving.

I'm lonely too. Maybe lonelier than I've been in a while, but I also know that it takes a while to get a rhythm of meeting and saying goodbye to people. Guess that's the name of the game and I'm sure it will factor into your decision. As for me, I'm going on vacation in May and then making my back.

Good luck with whatever decision you make. The Scotch is kickin in and there's class in the morning. Whiskey out.